Waiting for Sunrise on Bukit Pergasingan

Sembalun, East Lombok

I climb a mountain not to show you off how strong I am but to see how beautiful the world is, to witness the beauty core of mother earth under the father sun,to taste its exclusive flavor after my hours struggle then realize that after hard working there’s always worth exchange.

My trip to Pergasingan started in very early morning. What a challenge for a not morning person! I woke up and looked upon the dark in my tent. I could hear Lele were trying to wake up the others. I was reluctant to go because my tent mate was sick. Clare woke up to. “You should go, I’ll be fine”. I thought she was sleeping. She even offered me to wear her new Adidas shoes. I wrapped myself in the thick jacket and put my gloves on. Lele and the others were already waiting for me when I was out from my tent. They looked fresh although they didn’t get enough sleep.


We rode motorbike to Lembah Rinjani Cottage to meet up with the other friends, guide and porter. Everything was arranged by Lele’s acquaintance.  In the dark we walked upon the path in the middle of village. It was deadly quiet. As we walk further, Pergasingan stood like a giant in front of us, seemed waiting to challenge every trekker. I climbed up eagerly, I was lucky surrounded by nice people and even nice strangers who offered me water and food every time they heard I took a heavy breath. We waited for each other weather we don’t know each other well. This 1.700 m hill made me feel like everyone is family. As we reach the first post, some friends fold out their jacket. They stood still, faced the west, recited their pray, ignored the cold wind, caught the spiritual connection in the nature. From this post I could see the whole Sembalun that’s forted by the verdant hills and the massive Rinjani. Rinjani seemed very close, I could even see the light from head torch of trekkers that was trying to make Runjani’s peak. They looked like sparkling stars. As the time passed bye, we started to walk again, Sembalun was getting brighter, and hills look greener. I could see the red rim rolled up slowly. Its light touched the peak of Rinjani.  It looked like a burned blush. I couldn’t stop my hand to take a snap. After three hours walk, we reached the peak. There were two tents stood and red white flag was flying went and back. My country is much more beautiful than I thought.


We were tired but we couldn’t feel it on the top. The wind, the cold, the sun, the grass, the hills, the ocean, the rocks, the mist and all around me conspired to roar their beauty. Every face looked stunned and amazed. Some even only stood silent, some screamed, some keep taking pictures. I was so grateful for being able to taste the beauty. Lele’s phone broke the silent, it seemed very important. She picked her phone up and gave a simple reply “yeah, we will be there soon, thank you so much”. Lele told us that breakfast were almost ready, they cooked not that far from the peak.


When we get there, porters and some new friends quickly gasped some fresh food and coffee. We chatted about some hills around and their myth. I sipped my coffee reluctantly and had some more Oreos.  I regained my energy quickly.

Going down is always much easier since it’s not against the gravity.  When I went down I met some kids. They walked down very fast with a bunch of staff in his hand. He was about 12 years old. I think he is the youngest porter that I have ever seen. It took him less than an hour to go reach the village. How about you? I know you can do it. Have great adventure!





Comments

  1. sejuknya dibukit pagi emang indah yah kak, pemandangan alam Bukit pergasingan yah kak.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa