FIND SUCH A SERENITY in KEKERI VILLAGE



I
t has been seven years I live in this beautiful village, I used to being so grumpy when my Umi decided to sell our house in the downtown and move on to this village. But now……I more than just like it.
Kekeri Village is located about 10 minutes drive to the north from Cakra Negara—the second biggest city after Mataram.  You will find a splendid small village with the background of verdant green hills and an amazing landscape of Mount Rinjani on the east.
 
Most of Kekeri villagers work as the stone breaker, truck driver and farmer. They live peacefully with nature. In the northern part of my village, there is a small creek with a heap of shiny black stones. This creek stretches along, separate my village with others. It never went dry. The villagers often come to fish, to bath and to wash in this creek.

In the north west of my village, there is a small hanging bridge with the flat wooden floor and firmed by the metal and iron sticks to hold. This bridge connects my village with Mambalan village, this bridge is continued by small path that lead to the houses of villagers. A long this path, a green terrace of paddies field and many types of corps planted. This path is mostly passed by farmers and motor bike. However not many motorbikes pass this path. 

If you walk early in the morning you can experience the freshness of air and see many attractive farming activities such as paddies planting and chilies harvesting. Farmers in my village traditionally plough their land with the assistance of a pair of buffalos.  A long the path, you can also see some men hang a bamboo made stuff on their shoulders. That stuff is used to place a pile of grass. Besides, you can witness some women march fast in “sarung” with the big white sack on their heads.  Those sacks full of grass that they use to feed their own animal farm.

In the middle of paddies field around the village, there is a “berugaq (gazebo)”. It becomes one of my favorite places to spend my afternoon every weekend, see the sunset hides over the hills while drinking a glass of hot milk….mmmh yummy. (Zi)

Comments

  1. Reading your story makes me wanna go there and spend my afternoon every weekend, see the sunset hides over the hills while drinking a glass of hot milk too Ka Zi... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa