EXPLORE THE CHINA TOWN





China Town, Outram district, Singapore


I've never been in China but I’ve seen pretty much Chinese things, make a friend with Chinese people and eaten various Chinese foods that mostly hard to remember the name but give impressive taste. These all experiences have made me more in love with Chinese culture.  During my trip in Singapore, I had a golden opportunity to explore China Town. Perhaps you have seen many china towns in various part of the world, but in Singapore I think it is slightly different since the architecture of this old town is mostly influenced by European style. The combination of building architecture and the Chinese staff found there gave different atmosphere.



As I walked a long through oriental Pagoda Street, the red and golden displays were everywhere as red symbolizes happiness and luck in Chinese Mythology. In frontal part of some shops, I saw some men were writing in Mandarin. They looked very focused and absorbed. Their hands gracefully moved the pin brush on the beige canvas.




From Pagoda Street I headed to the Buddhism temple nearby. From outside I could hear some prayers were worshipping Buddha, I was not sure weather it was in Mandarin or Pali. This temple was always fully filled by pilgrimages and tourist said one of the guards. As I wore my short, he asked me to take clothe to cover under part of my body and showed me where I had to take it. He helped me gently to wear it. It was too long for me. I had to fold it a bit. I didn’t know the name of the temple since it is only written in Mandarin. I looked around this four floor temple while holding two books that were given in the entering door. 



In temple, Chinese architecture was deeply felt, many monks in yellow and their red robs were drowning in peace while reading the holly book in front of the Golden statue of Buddha. They didn’t even feel any disturbance when many tourist hanging around, enjoying the ornament and decoration of the temple. The second and the third floor are museum. meanwhile the highest place is the meditation center. In the forth floor, visitors are not allowed to take picture.



After having a look around the temple, I went out through different gate. Not far from this exit. Some Chinese men were playing an ancient Chinese game which is Elephant Chess. This board games trained general in battlefield strategy, and art of Chinese fight.

Besides Showing Chinese culture, this town also adorned by Hindus Temple—Sri Brahmam—that is located in the end of Pagoda Street. The mix of European architecture, Chinese stuff and Hinduism are the perfect fusion to see in one place. Always Have a Nice Holiday!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa