TIMPONAN WATERFALL




I hadn’t realized my middle finger was bleeding as I passed the bush that’s fully filled by shrub with thorny spikes. I kept carefully going up while concentrating to hear a stream.  In about thirty minutes, a narrow creek lies in front of me. It’s adorned by small cascade that fall over the stones, the water was very clear but I was puzzled and asking myself where the waterfall was.  Then I walked along the creek side, at the end I saw a light and I found myself stood on the top of the Timponan Waterfall. Before me thick tropical forest under the cloudy sky looked like green Turkish carpet. As I looked down, I could see the line of white foam flowed on the black wall.

I sat down on the big rock while enjoying the view and thinking about a path that could lead me to the area where the water fell. After regaining my energy, I went carefully down and tried several paths. I was trying hard to keep my balance as I walked down on the steep path. Roots were useful as a grip and if I’d had worn my proper shoes I think it would be easier for me to walk.

I was so glad when I heard sound of water. It was getting louder as I came nearer. I could feel the cool foam touched my skin. That day, Timponan was mine. I’m the only visitor who was there. This waterfall is about 20 to 30 m high.  It has very small pond. It could be only for 10 to 15 people. This waterfall is not famous, there’s no entrance, gate or any signs. It is in the middle of woods. A long the way, various tropical plantation and birds can be seen. There were also a few people that was planting, cutting wood and shepherding their cattle.  

This waterfall is located at Jln. Tamansari, Dusun Punikan, Desa Batu Mekar, Lingsar. It took about two and half hours walk from the main road to get there, but if you are easily tired, you can drive your motorbike through the dangerous jolted narrow path and park it in the second post. Then you can have 25 minutes walk to the waterfall. Be careful and have a nice try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa