Turtle Island


Tengeq, Desa Sungkun, Ekas Bay, East Lombok

I was surfing on the internet having a look of photography in various website. As I look through some pictures in Art Fine America, I was stunned when I found a picture of a huge yellowish turtle with its green cell on the sea, underneath the picture, it‘s written "Sungkun Beach, Ekas". On Wednesday October 8th I hit the road, tried to find that place. It took about two hours from Mataram to get there. The road from Lendang Terak to Sungkun was really bad. It was very dusty and a lot of pebbles scattered on it. I was jolting all that way because of the bulges and the holes. It was challenging road to past. However, along the way I was spoiled by the landscape of traditional Sasak life. I even dropped in the Sungkun village and talked with the villagers. There is no electricity in the village around Sungkun. Some villagers said that the electricity would be available next two months. Their eyes were shining when they told me. I continued my trip to the south till I found an end of the village. Before me an open ocean with huge waves hit the lands over and over. The foam of the water was flying onto the land. The smell of salt touched my nostrils. I walked to the east on the rocky beach. Keep my distance with the splashing wave. In the eastern part a giant turtle stood still exactly like I’ve seen in the picture. I was so happy; I completed the mission to find it.  I wish I could stand on the back of the turtle. But it was too dangerous and there’s no public boat or fisherman boat since its current and its wave are too strong. The beach is called Tengeq, it lies between two cliffs. This beach is not recommended for swimming but very suitable for professional surfer.

If you choose this place as next destination, you need to bring your own water sport gear. Since it is located in the remote area you can not find any sport gear center. About 4 km away from this beach, there is Tirra—the only villa available around Ekas—where you can have your meal. And remember to drive a big car or motor cross to conquering the road. Have a great adventure!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa