Mekaki Bay

I am not well organized for any trip especially in Lombok. I was born here. Getting lost in my own island is not a challenge anymore. In fact, I am particularly had no map when I went to Mekaki. I counted on remaining memory from an article that I had read before and the information I got from the people I met on my way. Before reaching Mekaki I was thrilled by the views along the way. The beaches, the floating gilies, the traditional markets that blocked the road, mangrove forest and smooth zigzag road that made me jolted all the time. As the sky getting cloudy, I’d tried to be at Mekaki before the rain fell. However it didn't work like I expected. I had to stop in the little shop to get a shade. It was boring time, I could not resist to move. Then I rode my motor bike under the rain. It took me more than 2 hours to get there.

5 minutes away from the entrance, I had to be brave to pass the very steepest road. It was challenging. From this road I could see the whole picture of Mekaki Bay. It shapes like a sickle. White and the shade of blues looked stunning. Mekaki bay is known as one of the most attractive beaches in the south western coastline. This beach allows us to enjoy two landscapes, ocean and the verdant hills behind it. Its coastline is fairly long. White pepper sand still looked beautiful without the sunny sky. The wave was not really calm. Between the Mekaki coastlines, two hills stand as the border with the other coasts. About 30 meters away from the beach, some people were measuring the whole land in front of Mekaki bay. I heard five star resort is going to be built soon.

If you are interested to see this beach before it is owned privately. This beach is located in the south western coast of Lombok which is about 70 km or 1.5-2 hours drive away from Mataram. Taking the following route is a good option--Mataram-Lembar-Sekotong-Batu Bulan-Mekaki. Enjoy your adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa