Selamat Hari Canada Brenda

Photo by Varian Fahmi
It was 1st of July 8. 43 pm, I drove fast from Santosa in Lombok Traditional costume just after attending APEC seminar. It took me 15 minutes to get Montong Kedaton. I knocked the door several times. From outside I could hear some people were laughing and chatting. Not awhile Brenda opened the door and as usual she always gave me her warm welcome.  She wore red t-shirt that’s written “10 Canada” with the picture of maple leaf on it. She looked through over my costume to check weather I have something red or white. Mmm lucky, there some red line on my shawl.  Then she took me to the back veranda. Adi, Mas Varian, Efi, lentera and Stuart were there. They were busy chatting, cuddling cat and eating some Nanaimo Bars—traditional Canadian dessert.  It looked Yummy. I tried some and I wanted more. I was fascinated with the party staff. Tissues, bottles, stickers that picture Canadian flag, Brenda also turned on his projector to portray map of Canada. She explained that there is no independence day for Canada because Canadian didn’t demand and struggle for it. The independence was given by United Kingdom (UK). 

A moment later, the door was knocked again. Brenda walked to the door and pull its handler. There was a big group of kids. They are Brenda’s neighbour. When I left Brenda’s house she was still chatting with them in Bahasa. Thanks for having me at Canada Day Party Brenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa