Gili Goleng Your Always be Private Island

Pelangan, Sekotong, West Lombok    
    
First Saturday of September 2014 I drove my bike to the southwest coast, passed by Lembar harbor. It took me more than one and half hour from Mataram since I stopped couple times to find fisherman that could take me to do my island hoping. To reach southwest coast, I prefer to drive motorbike. Travel by public transportation is not efficient and effective. Furthermore, it is not always available. Finally about 500 meters before the jetty I met a right fisherman who wanted to take me with IDR 250,000 for three islands. As the bargaining ended, the fisherman anchored his roofless boat on the beach. He got up, took out a very short ladder. He leaned it over and pleased me to join in the boat. He offered me his hand, hesitantly I held it. He pulled it to help me lift my body. I walked to the front end and seated myself in cross leg position. The fisherman got off. He pulled off the anchor and pushed his boat. He jumped onto the boat and turned the machine on. Gasoline smell was rising in the air. I spoke louder as the machine roared. “How long does it take to Gili Goleng” I asked curiously. “Less than 30 minutes” he flatly replied. I looked away forward, enjoyed the real picture of some beautiful Gilis.

The fisherman pointed the Gilis and named it for me. I said thanks and told him that this was my third hoping island in this place but would be my first visit to Gili Goleng. He didn’t say anything again. He left me enjoy the calm blue ocean. As he maneuvered the boat to the right, he smiled and pointed my destination. There are around more than 5 Gilis, the Gili Gede, Gili Rengit, Gili Amben, Gili Asahan and Gili Goleng. Gili Gede, Gili Rengit, Gili Amben and Gili Asahan belong to the Batu Putih village, Sekotong. Meanwhile Gili goleng belong to the village next door. These Gili are parts of Pelangan sub district.  



As the boat anchored, I went down, folded my trousers above my knees and walk onto the island. I was the only one visitor. As I walked around I took pictures as many as I could. It is quite small Island, I think around one fifths of Gili Meno. There were no hotels and restaurant or any public facilities. It is totally empty.  This island mostly covered by coconut trees. Half of this island is the hill and the other half is a flat land. The sand is incredibly white and smooth. When I touched it I felt like I was making a bowl of dough. The crystal clear water allowed me to see school of fish. I indulged myself for hours. The fisherman was bored and fell asleep. When the sun was getting lower I woke the fisherman then lazily walked to the boat, left the untouched beauty empty again. We headed to the next destination.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa