Gili Kali Bumbung the Green Land in the Wet Season


Fishy smell was in the air as I walked close passed the harbor gate of Tanjung Luar. Many Sasak women were sitting and squatting in front of the fish that they were selling. Many people were bargaining, paying, waiting for changes, and lifting some big buckets and sacks. My attention was attracted by two big fishes. I looked at them steadily. I fumbled my camera. In sudden, two Sasak females stood in front of me with a metal big plate on their hand. They offered me squids. I firmly said no. She begged but I went away. I wish I could buy it but I did not want to carry squids to Gili Kali Bumbung. 

Boat man called me, I was late. I was supposed to be in the harbor an hour before. I walked briskly to the shore and got on to the boat. As I showed my apologetic face and asked for forgiveness. He simply said “It’s ok”. He asked his little kid to pull the anchor out. Then he turned the machine on. As the machine sound rose, the boat moved. The wave was calm under the gloomy skies that mostly cover Lombok since October.


Gili Kali Bumbung looked bigger and bigger, the water was getting more turquoise as the boat got closer. I could see the hip-tall green grass with its white long soft cotton flower which would fall off in one blow. In the western part of Kali Bumbung, stretch a short coastal line between two jutted rocks. The beach line is around 4-5 meters. This is the only beach that Gili Kali Bumbung has. Eventually my boat anchored in the southern part. I got off the boat. The water was my knees deep. Then I had to climb the rocky cliff. Gili Kali Bumbung is less than 1 hectare. It only hosts some plants and animals. Gili Kali Bumbung is a local tourist spot especially for some islanders who stay at some gilis around Kali Bumbung. 

After walking around the island, my boat moved fast to the sea around Gili Bembeq. I saw some poles were standing in a row in the middle of sea. It connects electricity from Gili Beleq to Gili Maringkik. As the machine off, I jumped and swam. Hundreds of small fish were jumping around me. I saw some colorful starfish on the sea bottom. 


My adventure is not finished yet; the boat man got me to the 200 square meters island. This small bulge is only seen when the low tide. Sea birds are the only animal I could see. They flew as I came.

There are 7 Gilis  lieson this sea. Those are Gili Kali Bumbung, Gili Beleq, Gili Maringkik, Gili Bembeq Beleq, Gili Bembeq Kodeq, Gili Jejangkeh and the unnamed 200 square meters Gili. There were not many tourist come. Every time I go there, I am always the only tourist who visits those islands. It is quiet challenging to reach these islands since there is no any public transportation available. Mataram-Cakra-Kediri Praya-Keruak-Tanjung Luar is the route that I took. In Tanjung Luar I had to find fisher man and make a deal with him. If you are not confident swimmer, you should bring your own life vest because since the fisher man does not have any. Have a nice adventure !!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa