Gili Bembeq or Gili Kambing



From Mataram it took me 2 hour and half driving to reach Tanjung Luar. Tanjung Luar was busy and hectic. It smells so fishy. As I walked along the market to the harbor I saw squid, octopus and various types of fish. If you come early in the morning you will likely find sharks. By the beach I was trying to find any public boat that can take me to Gili Bembeq.  My searching was empty. I had to get fisherman boat. It was quiet easy to get it. I think it was because I came in the morning. However, I was waiting about 20 minutes for the fisherman. He was lifting some buckets of fish to the fish traditional market around the jetty. He asked me to be patient. I nodded my head and smiled at him to welcome his suggestion.


He came back with happy smile. All his fish are already sold. He prepared the boat and put some empty buckets under the small wooden flat floor where passenger usually sits on. I get on and have my seat on the edge of the boat. The fisherman headed the boat to Gili Bembeq.

Gili Bembeq literally means Goat Island. Those words are derived from Sasak. Gili means tiny island and Bembeq means Goat. In Lombok some people also called it Gili Kambing. Kambing also means goat in Indonesian.  I get Gili Bembeq there was no goats at all but the stunning green surrounded by the shades blue ocean. The coastal area was covered by cristal clear water. The water was my half calf high. You can even walk to the neighbor island.  As I walked up, I found couples of gazebo that’s made from bamboo. I sat there and took a rest for awhile, thankful for that beautiful day. I was wandering if this island is getting more famous and famous, will the coral, the beach around Gili Bembeq still as beautiful as it was? This question likely pop up when I visit new unfamous beautiful places in Lombok.  The boat man called me out. His voice directed my thought. He offered me some food that he bought in the shop that is not far from the fish market. I simply said thanks and walked around the island. From this island I could see ocean 7 gilies around, those are Gili Maringkik, Gili Kali Bumbung, Gili Pasir, Gili Beleq, Gili Kambing Beleq and Gili Petelu.

After circling the island and swimming around, I get onto the boat and headed back to Tanjung Luar which is only take 15 minutes. To reach Tanjung Luar it is suggested to take Mataram-Kediri-Praya-Keruak-Tanjung Luar. Public transportation is not suggested due to its irregular schedules and its availability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa