Skeper Waterfall



I was in cold and wet but my legs couldn’t stop walking until I stood before a superb extraordinary waterfall. The challenging trek, the heavy rain and the misty forest were fully worth to pass to reach this divine beauty. The water that fell creates abstract titanium white moving waters that stoned the little pool under echoing sounds of its beauty. Million drops were falling, flying and vanished in the air. Skeper was super high water fall. It is about 80 meters. This height allowed me to see the long motion of water when it falls. I was speechless and in tears. It reminded me of Rivendell—place where elves come from in the Lord of The Rings. I always thought that kind of places are imagery. Skeper Waterfall successfully told me the truth. 

My travel mate looked happy but didn’t show much thrill as I did. “This is my second time” she answered me after telling her my opinion. Then she took out her little stove, pan, a plastic cup and two sachets of coffee from his backpack. She turned the little stove on, boiled some water and sat next to it. Every time we went to a waterfall, Lele always do her ritual, sipping her warm coffee while enjoying the divine landscape upon her. Because of her I didn’t need to have a local guide. 

Since the trek is tricky and requires about 1 and half to 2 hours walk, it is suggested to have local guide which cost about IDR 120.000. You also need to put strong gripped shoes on, bring mosquito repellant, raincoat and food. In the main entrance, you have to buy ticket for IDR. 3.000 and pay IDR. 20.000 to the organization that manage the forest. You can park your motorbike in front of the entrance Tiu Teja Waterfall and start your trekking from that parking lot. Around this area, there are two warungs that sell food and drinks. If you are not tired after 4 hours trekking, you can kill the time by visiting Tiu Teja waterfall. 

Skeper Waterfall is located in Santong village, North Lombok which takes only one and half hour from Mataram. There are two routes that can lead to this village. First route is Mataram-Gunungsari-Pusuk-Tanjung-Santong and the second route is Mataram-Senggigi-Nipah-Tanjung-Santong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa