Museum Kereta Keraton


Every time I go to a museum I feel like entering a portal between two civilizations. As in the past people were classis. They used system that suited their time in many aspect of life. When I went to Yogyakarta for chaperoning year 5 and 6, Museum Kereta was in a list to see. 

As I get off from becak, I was a bit surprised because this museum looked so small. As I entered and the room after getting my ticket ripped by the guard, I could see that it is much bigger than I thought. This museum is a house for about 23 carriages of Keraton royal family. These carriages were mostly made by Dutch, German and designer from Switzerland.  One of the Carriage called Garudo Yeksa was even inspired Soekarno to build Monas. Some carriages are still used for special occasion such as royal family wedding and religious ceremony. All of the carriages are cleaned in a ritual bathing ceremony or Jamasan in Javanese. After Jamasan, a lot of people wait for the water that is used to clean the carriages. They believe that by drinking the water they will have prosperous and longer life.

Museum Keraton is located jl. Rotowijayan Yogyakarta. If you stay in Mallioboro, it would be better if you go there by becak or walking. The entrance fee keeps rising every year. In 2012 the entrance ticket was about IDR. 5,000 and you need to pay additional fee if you want to take pictures inside.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa