Semporonan Waterfall


When you think about Senggigi, probably most of you will have beaches, big hotels and splendid restaurants in your mind. Senggigi is more that. Among its verdant hills hide a little waterfall and some offspring.  This waterfall is not widely known. It is located 30 minutes walk from the heart of Senggigi village. To get a guide, you need to go to the village and ask one of the villagers to be your guide. Among the villagers this waterfall is known well since it supplies the water for their villagers. 

As I walked past the forest my I found some women were taking a big basket of maroon little fruit on their head. She gave me some to try. The fruit is called Ketimusan in Sasak. The taste was a bit sour and sweet. She even offered me to bring home. I stopped couples times to capture some old trees. 


First my guide led me to the top of the waterfall. I stayed there for awhile, enjoyed the beauty under from above. I washed my face and legs. The water was cold and fresh. The sky was blue. The verdant hill created a zigzag horizon. As I saw above, I saw only blue and green.  After about 30 minutes break I crossed the river and went down to the slope. I had to carefully walk on the stones and stayed balance.  It took only a few minutes to go down. This waterfall is not really high. It is less than 15 meters high. Along the river down, there are 2 little waterfalls with their little pool. I jumped in there like a mermaid. These two little pools are quite deep. I couldn’t reach theirs bottom. The indulgence of this place is also added by its tranquility. As I found there was no any visitors came but me at that day.

To reach this place you can take public transportation from Ampenan-Senggigi. This transportation is mostly available from 7 am to 5 pm and make sure you put your well gripped shoes on, bring your mosquitoes repellent, water bottle, biscuits and camera. Have a nice adventure!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa