Benang Kelambu Waterfall



The sky was clear blue. I knew I would get good picture with this kind of setting. I was impatient, looked out the window car and counted my minutes. As getting closer to the village where the waterfall was, I was distracted by the view that was getting more beautiful. People were planting paddies. They were dressed in Sarong and protected their head with their circular-bamboo-made hat. They were making such beautiful paddy lines. Far behind them Rinjani stood firmly. Benag Kelambu Waterfall is located in Rinjani National Park. It is immensely known as the hosting of unquestionably astonishing waterfalls in Lombok. It took me about one hour from Senggigi to Aik Berik village, Batukliang Utara, Central Lombok.

I unlocked the door and waiting in the shady parking lot. My friend went to get the ticket. Every year the entrance ticket is different. Mostly is 25% higher than last year. The gate man also offered us guide. “This is our third time” my friend refused his offering politely. There are two treks to reach Benang Kelambu. First trek required 30-40 minute walk. This trek will allow you to see another waterfall called Benang Setokel. Meanwhile the second trek requires visitor to drive on motorbike and pass the hilly road. Since there is no parking lot, visitor park their bike in the road nearby. Then walk for 10 minutes to reach Benang Kelambu. My friend and I preferred the first one. We walked very slow and stopped for couple times, we bought some mineral water in the small warung—a small shop under a tent—that I found along the way. We also found some kids were selling some soft drinks.  The path was well paved; my favorite part was the little bridge. We took a rest about 10 minutes in the first waterfall before continued my walk. The path to Benang Kelambu was a bit challenging. However our walk was nothing compare to the beauty that we witnessed. 

When I stood before the waterfall, I understood why it is called Benang Kelambu. The water flew down through the green leaves that stick along the cliff. It created beautiful dropping water that looks like curtain. Benang Kelambu are derived from Sasak. These words mean thread and curtain. The flow water from this waterfall is channeled into some small artificial pools and downed to a small river. Benang Kelambu is quiet famous waterfall. Further, this village is developing to be one of the gates for Rinjani Trekking.

If you plan to come here it would be better if you take Mataram-Narmada-Sedau-Pancor Dau-Teratak. The public transportation is mostly available until Narmada. It would be better if you rent motorbike for a day. Location: Aik Berik village, Batukliang Utara, Central Lombok Entrance fee: IDR 10.000 for Indonesian, if you hold foreign passport usually you need to pay more
Guide: IDR 50.000

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa