Walking to Gili Nusa

It was Thursday May 14, 2015. I rode my bike to the south steadily. The sky was clear and blue. I took route Mataram-Gerung-Penujaq-Mekarsari-Are Goling. It took me about one and half hour since I stopped in some places to take pictures. My favorite road that I passed was before I entered and exited from Desa Mekarsari. I stopped by in one of the hill by the road. I climbed it to get the whole landscape. From this spot I could see the ocean and a green bulge on it. In another stop I took some picture of the verdant hills that divided by the zigzag road.


It was midday when I reached Are Goling Beach. I parked my bike in the parking lot and paid IDR 5.000. I was so lucky. It was low tide. The wave was about 500 meters away from the beach. Some water still flowed. They made some streams that look like small rivers. I crossed them eagerly. Around me, a lot of villagers were fishing and collecting shells. Some villagers even only used hook to get fish. I snapped some pictures and walked on the ocean floors keep finding the best coral that I could snapped. I didn’t realize how far I walked till I found myself stood in front of Gili Nusa. This Gili is a big hill. No one live there.  It only hosted savanna and trees. If you stand on the top of it, you could see the long line of Lombok southern and right in front of Gili Nusa, Pange beach and Tebuaq beach offer you stunning landscape with white and yellow cliff setting. I was there not that long. As the sun sets, the tide was getting higher, I had to come back. I walked back with a bunch of villagers. They showed me the shells that they keep inside their bamboo bag. They offered me to drop in and had some dinner. From Gili Nusa to Are Goling, it took me around 20 minutes walk. 

I went home through different route—Are Goling-Kuta-Penujaq-Gerung-Mataram. I had my dinner in a small food warung called “Big Taste Small Price”.  The food are served fresh, I ate more than my usual portion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa