Mawi Beach, Bule Beach


I sat on the wooden chair looking out the surfers walk on the wave of the ocean with their surfboard. Not far behind them there were three bulges covered in green.  I zoomed my camera and pressed its button for couple times. The pictures were not as good as I expected. I put that camera back and sat quietly enjoyed the surfers and that beautiful view with my eyes. Minutes by minutes I could hear some more people were coming. It was distracted. I looked back and saw some groups of ginger head men were putting some sunscreen all over their faces. They put the thickest one on the nasal area stretched to the cheeks and down. I hold my laugh and turn my head back. They looked funny. Not awhile, they walked to the beach while holding their surfboard. They stop before the line, bent over to tie the lace of their surfboards. I thought ocean is just not an ocean for them, it is a home. It is a place where they can feed their souls. Even the roar that probably scary to me is the song for them. I could tell once I looked at them. 


I went to the only warung that stood only a few steps from me to get some drinks and then walked on that pepper sand beach. My steps were heavy. My legs drowned couple of inches. I dragged my legs to the western part. I sipped my drinks many times. It was hot I was easily thirsty. Mawi beach has a short coastal line. Between it, there are two hills firmly stood. The sand is quiet pink. Most people come here for surfing since the wave is mostly angry. 

Mawi Beach is also called Bule beach since it is mostly visited by foreign surfers. Bule means Non Indonesian tourist. This beach is located in Desa Mekarsari central Lombok. To reah this place you need drive a bike or your private car. Public transportation is not available. You can reach this place from Kuta and or Senggigi. From Kuta it is about 30 minutes. Kuta-Mawun-Mekarsari is the best route. oN the way you will be amazed by the zig-zag road in the middle of hills. Some friends of mine said that this area looked like verdant hills in Europe. From Senggigi you need 1 hour and half to get there. Senggigi-Mataram-Cakranegra-Gerung-Penujak-Mekarsari is a well road route.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa