Tibu Ijo Waterfall




If you are kind into the wild, you can put Tibu Ijo in your list for this weekend. Tibu Ijo is a waterfall that offers a challenging route and quite long trek. It takes about 45 minutes-1 hour walk in which you need to cross river twice. It even has no entrance gate. However along the way you could experience nature, you can hear mix of sound from birds, monkey and other animals, you can feel how small you are under the giant trees and bushes that you pass. You may meet some people that still very depending in the wild. Usually they went to the forest to pick up twigs and branches some are working on the top of Nira tree to get its water. This water is usually fermented to make Lombok traditional liquor called Tuak

I went there last week with my friend. We explore the waterfall without guide. It took me more than one hour to find it since we need to think which path to take. Lucky we came up with right decision by following the river. Unpleasantly, rain poured. It was getting heavier. We took our raincoat and put it and keep walking on the muddy path. Not many people want to come to this waterfall. Instead of fomous for its beauty this waterfall is notoriously known as a deadly waterfall. Every time I met some villagers, they always warned us to be careful. Parting from that opinion, I found out that Tibu Ijo is a simple beauty. The water was cold and clear. The pool in which the water falls is quite big. The waterfall is not really high. It is about 10 feet. These combinations make Tibu Ijo as a good place to swim. I took off my outer clothes and left only my swimming suit on. Impatiently I jumped and swim. My friend took my pictures many times. I felt glad and had just broken the myth about that place. I can’t tell how deep this waterfall is. None people could touch its floor. It is believed that there is a cave under Tibu Ijo waterfall.

It would be better if you drive your motorbike since public transportation is not scheduled and not always available. It is less than 30 minutes from Mataram or Senggigi. There is no gate or sign for this waterfall, when you reach Sesait make sure you ask the villagers where to head. 

Location: Dusun Tibu Ijo, Sesait, Gunungsari, West Lombok
Parking lot (Villager’s house yard): IDR 5.000
No entrance fee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa