Happy Birthday Pakistan

“We are away from home, we are new family, we celebrate all Independence day and more than that, we shared the same value that freedom is for every single creature”

Pakistan was not even a country in my where to go list. When I thought about Pakistan, I would talk more about India. I thought both countries shared huge things in common. I found out what I know is not fully true. I wouldn’t have known much about this country if hadn’t met international students from Pakistan which are most of them from Hunza—a heaven valley in Gilgit Baltistan which is located in the northern part of Pakistan and close to the Chinese Border. People from Hunza claim themselves as the descendants of the soldier Alexander the Great.  They look like mix European, Tibetan and India somehow.


Last night was Pakistan Independence Day. The house club next to the laundry in the apartment was adorned with a huge green white flag of Pakistan. The smell of spices was in the air. On the table, cakes, drinks and special dish, Pakistani Briyani were served. On the colorful chairs tens youth from around the world were chatting to each other. They talked about movies, Hunza, cultures, politics, American rules, Brazilian coffee and chocolate, Lombok and Bali, Tunisia, Nepal, Turkish, Baklava, Cornell and Kirkwood, Thailand, Harry Potter, Australia, Nigeria. The room was small, it was only enough for no more than 50 people but I felt the whole world was inside. I travelled not only in the book, in the map and on earth. Making new friends is a travelling as we could see and experience how it feels to be like them and then realize that how beautiful to be able to see the world from thousands perspectives. Here are testimonies from youth around the world for Pakistan.


Bruno & Iago
“We are from Brazil. We are studying veterinary in Kirkwood Community College. We have learned and acquired new cultures from around the world that make us more mature. We are glad for being here. Happy Independence Day Pakistan”


Hillary
“Hi I am Hillary from Nigeria. I am studying finance in Kirkwood CC. Thanks for inviting me to this diverse and colorful party. Happy Independence Day Pakistan”


Mahmoud
“Hi I am Mahmoud from Tunisia. I am studying Information and Technology. Pakistani is cool. Happy Independence Day”


Neco
"Hi I am Neco from Turkey, I am studying Tourism Management. Happy Independence Day Pakistan. All the best"



Zi
“Hi Pakistani, I am Zi, from Indonesia. I am studying Liberal Art in Kirkwood CC. On behalf of Indonesia I wish you guys all the best. Happy Independence Day”






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esai AAS: Kamu Melamar Apa atau Siapa?

Anatomi Essay Penerima Beasiswa CCIP

ESSAY REVIEW: Perempuan Penerima Tiga Beasiswa